These days, credit cards have become extremely important. When you carry a credit card, you do not need to worry about carrying cash. Just one swipe and you can make your transactions. The best thing about credit cards is, even if you do not have the money in hand, you can buy things and then pay the entire bill at the end of the month.
Sephora Credit Card is also one such credit card that comes with a handful of benefits and rewards. Sephora offers 3 types of credit cards, normal, Visa, and Visa signature and all three have their own merits. You do not need to pay any annual fee for both credit cards. All credit cards also offer good rewards and cashback. If you buy beauty products from Sephora, you definitely need the Sephora Card to save some money on expensive beauty products.
In this article, we are going to give you a complete review of Sephora cards including their merits and demerits. In the end, we will also discuss some of the alternatives, so that you get your hands on the best credit card only. So now let’s get started!
Sephora Credit Cards: A Brief Intro
Sephora is a well-known beauty brand all over the world. Their products speak for themselves. They keep offering sales and discounts on their products, but if you still want to save more money on your Sephora products or do not want to wait for the sale, you can just simply go for the Sephora credit card.
Sephora offers 3 types of credit cards, each comes with different features. All of them are looped credit cards, so you can only use them at Sephora Stores, online and offline. The Annual Percentage Rate of these credit cards can vary from 16.99% to 25.74%. Moreover, they do not charge any annual fee and even the general credit card offers a minimum of 4% cashback.
If the limit of your other credit card is low, and you shop a lot from Sephora, it is better to get a Sephora Card and use it for purchasing Sephora products and use the other credit card for all your other necessary purchases. These credit cards are issued by Comenity credit card company and that is why these credit cards are also known as Comenity Sephora credit cards.
Types of Sephora Credit Cards
As we just told you, Sephora offers three types of credit cards, normal, Visa, and Signature Visa. In this section, we are going to discuss all those credit cards, their specifications, and their pros and cons in detail. All these cards come with different offers and cashback. So are you ready to save a lot of money on your Sephora products? Here we go!
1. Sephora Credit Card
In the list of Sephora Cards, the first credit card is Sephora Credit Card. It is the most basic credit card. Even with a zero credit score or no credit history at all, you can get this credit card. This is a credit card with no annual fee, which means you do not need to pay any annual fee in order to keep this card active and it has a maximum APR of 25.74%.
Moreover, on your first purchase at Sephora with this credit card, you get a discount of a minimum of 15% and after this, you get at least 4% cash back on all your purchases. But if you want to enjoy other benefits like emergency card replacement and zero fraud liability then you will need to go for other higher Sephora Credit Cards.
- You get to enjoy the exclusive card member offers.
- They offer a 15% discount on your first purchase through this credit card.
- 4% cash back on every $1 purchase, both online and offline.
- You do not need to pay any annual fees.
- The card comes with an APR of 25.74%.
- You can use this credit card at both offline Sephora stores and for your online shopping from Sephora.com.
- Good discount on first purchase.
- You do not need to pay any annual fees.
- This credit card can be used both online and offline.
- Cashback up to 4.00% cash back on all your Sephora Purchases.
- The APR is a bit high.
- The credit card can only be used at Sephora stores online and offline.
2. Sephora Visa Credit Card
Next on the list comes Sephora Visa Credit Card. This credit card comes with better benefits as compared to the other credit card mentioned above. The best part is, there is no annual fee and the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) can be somewhat between 16.99% to 25.74%, depending on your credit score and credit history.
You can use this credit card everywhere where a Visa card is accepted. So even if you go to some other country, you can use this credit card for purchasing skincare products from Sephora. Along with the Sephora Credit Card, you get access to all the card members-only offers, so you get to save extra bucks with those discounts.
The best part about this credit card is, you can use it at not only Sephora but other stores as well. Moreover, you get 4% cash back on Sephora purchases and 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases outside Sephora.
- You can use this card at both online and offline Sephora stores.
- This credit card can be used in foreign countries or anywhere where Visa cards are accepted.
- You get 0.00% fraud liability, so if you become a victim of some monetary fraud or identity theft, you will not have to pay a single penny for it, Sephora will pay for all your losses.
- There is no annual fee.
- The APR can be between 16.99% to 25.74%.
- You can use this credit card outside of Sephora also.
- 4.00% cash back on Sephora stores if you buy products of at least $1.00.
- 1.00% cash back on all other purchases outside Sephora.
- 15.00% discount on your very first purchase.
- If you lose this card, you can apply for card replacement and they will send you a new credit card within 15 days.
- You get a 15.00% discount on your first purchase.
- Zero percent fraud liability.
- Up to 4% cash back on all Sephora purchases.
- You can use this credit card outside Sephora as well.
- The offers are limited.
- You need to have a fair credit score in order to get this credit card.
3. Sephora Visa Signature Credit Card
Last but not least, the highest credit card offered by Sephora is Sephora Visa Signature Credit Card. In order to get this credit card, you need to have a fair to excellent credit card. Just like other Sephora Credit Cards, with this credit card also, you do not need to pay any annual fee and you get a 15.00% discount on your very first purchase through this credit card. The APR can be between 16.99% to 25.74%.
With every $1.00 Sephora purchase, you get 1.00% to 4.00% cashback. Moreover, just like the other Sephora Visa cards, you can use this Visa Signature Credit Card in foreign countries as well. If you become a victim of identity theft or monetary fraud, you will get zero percent fraud liability from Sephora.
- There is no annual fee.
- With this credit card, you get zero fraud liability and free credit card replacement.
- 15.00% discount on your first Sephora purchase through this credit card, which can be both online and offline.
- You get access to card members-only discounts and rewards.
- Up to 4.00% cash back on all your Sephora purchases.
- You can use this credit card out of Sephora stores as well.
- The rewards and benefits are better than the other credit cards.
- This card helps you build your credit score.
- Good offer on the first purchase.
- You can enjoy travel benefits with this credit card.
- The minimum APR is 16.99%.
- You do not need to pay for losses in case of fraud and identity theft.
- Your credit score should be fair to excellent, then only you will get this Visa Signature credit card.
- High maximum Annual Percentage Rate.
Which Card is Better?
Now that you have all the necessary information about Sephora Credit Cards, it is time to decide which credit card is better for you. In order to decide this, first of all, you will have to see your Sephora spending. If you spend a lot of money on Sephora products every month then you will need a credit card with a high credit limit and more discounts and offers, so Visa or Visa Signature credit card.
But if you do not spend that much on Sephora products and even a small credit limit would work for you then you can go with the basic Sephora Credit Card as well. Before getting the Sephora credit card, consider all the important factors like how much you spend monthly on Sephora, which credit card you can get as per your credit score, which credit card will help you build your credit score, if you own any other credit card or not, etc.
Reasons to Go for Sephora Cards
In this section, we are going to tell you about the top 5 reasons why you should get the Sephora Credit Card so that you can decide if Sephora cards are perfect or not.
1. No Annual Fee
Generally, secured credit cards come with no annual fee, and unsecured credit cards come with an annual fee, but Sephora credit cards are the rarest unsecured credit card that comes with no annual fee at all. This means that you do not need to pay any annual fee to keep this credit card active, even if you are using the basic Sephora card.
2. 15% Cash Back on Your First Purchase
When you get any of the Sephora Credit Cards, Basic, Visa, or Signature Visa, you get a sign-up bonus of 15%. This means that on your first purchase through Sephora Card, you get a discount of 15.00% on your total purchase amount.
3. 4% Cash Back on All Purchases
With all the Sephora Credit Cards, you get a minimum cashback of 4.00% on the purchase of a minimum of $1.00. You can avail of this cash back on both offline Sephora stores as well as online on Sephora.com. Moreover, if you own Sephora Visa or Sephora Visa Signature, you get additional 1.00% cash back on purchases outside Sephora.
4. You Get Access to Special Card Holder Rewards
Sephora keeps giving extra discounts and offers to its cardholders. So if you own a Sephora Card, you can get extra discounts and offers. These offers may differ from card to card and are generally more for Visa and Signature Visa cards.
5. Different Cards for Different Credit Scores
No matter how bad your credit score is, you can always get a Sephora card. If your credit score is bad or you have no credit history at all, you can use the basic Sephora card. If your credit score is fair, you can get a Visa card and if your credit score is more than 700, you can easily get the Sephora Signature Visa credit card.
How to Apply for Sephora Cards?
Are you interested in getting a Sephora Card? If yes then you can follow the step-by-step procedure given below.
1. Have a Look At Your Credit Score
If you are planning to get any of the Sephora Credit Cards, first of all, you will need to have a look at your credit score. If your credit score is below 300, you will have to go for the basic Sephora card. In case your credit score is 300 to 650, you can get the Sephora Visa Credit Card. But if your credit score is above 650, you can easily get the Sephora Signature Visa credit card as well.
2. Register Yourself
Now that you have information regarding which card you can get, it is time to move ahead with the process. Now you need to go to the official website of Sephora and register yourself. If you have already registered yourself on Sephora, you will need your Sephora login.
3. Apply for the Credit Card
After making your Sephora login, you will need to go to your profile. There you will find an option to apply for a Sephora credit card. Click on that tab and fill out the application form for the credit card. You will need to fill in all your details like full name, address, contact details, social security number, income, etc. Once you fill in the form, send the final application. Within 1 to 2 days, you will get to know if your credit card application is approved or not.
4. Receive the Credit Card
If your credit card application gets approved, you will receive the credit card within a week of application approval. You can track the progress of your application by logging in to your Sephora account.
How to Pay Sephora Credit Card Bill?
It is very easy to make Sephora payments. You just need to make your Sephora credit card login. After the Sephora credit card login, you will need to go to the bill payment tab. After this, the bill amount will show up. You can make the Sephora credit card payment of the bill using another credit card or a debit card.
Since it is a no-interest credit card, you will need to make sure that you make the bill payments on time. Moreover, if you do not pay the bill on time, it will also affect your credit score and overall credit report.
Other Alternative Options
Now you have all the important information about Sephora Credit Cards. If you strongly believe that Sephora cards are not the right choice for you because of it is limited usage then you can go with any of the alternative credit cards as well. Let’s have a look at them.
1. Group One Platinum Credit Card
If you are lacking in time and need to get a credit card fast and easy then you can definitely go for Group One Platinum Credit Card. This credit card comes with a minimum credit limit of $750 and since it is an unsecured credit card, you do not need to pay any security fees. It comes with an annual fee of $177.24.
Along with the annual fee, you also need to pay a monthly maintenance fee of $14.77 per month. Even if you have a credit score of 300 or less, you can easily get this credit card. With this credit card, you get rewards and discounts on your medical fees, legal consultation fees, and all other daily use things.
- Annual Fee: $177.24
- Monthly Maintenance Fee: $14.77
- Credit Limit: $750
- Minimum Credit Score: 300
- Card Type: Unsecured Credit Card
- APR: N/A
- You get roadside protection with this credit card.
- Low APR as compared to the other credit cards.
- People with a bad credit score can also get this credit card.
- You get roadside protection along with this credit card.
- High annual fee and monthly maintenance fee.
- There is no sign-up bonus.
2. Next Millennium Card
If you are looking for a credit card with a minimum credit limit of $1,000 then Next Millennium Card is the right choice for you. In order to get this credit card, you will need to pay a one-time application fee of $29.95. This credit card comes with a monthly maintenance fee of $19.95. One good thing is, this card only charges a monthly maintenance fee and there is no annual fee after this.
The best part about this credit card is, they offer zero percent APR, so you can buy all your favorite products without paying any interest. They do not conduct a hard inquiry of your credit score, even if you apply for this credit card, you will not need to go through a hard credit pull.
- Minimum Credit Score: Fair to Excellent
- Monthly Fee: $19.95
- Application Fee: 29.95
- APR: N/A
- Credit Limit: $1,000
- A credit limit of $1,000.
- Helps in building your credit score.
- There is no annual fee.
- They do not conduct a hard inquiry in order to give you a credit card.
- This credit card can only be used at My Unique Outlet online stores.
- The rewards and discounts are limited.
- Comparatively high A.P.R.
3. Net First Platinum
Are you someone with a credit score of 350 to 700? If yes, then you can easily get the Net First Platinum credit card. This credit card comes with an annual fee of $177.24 and no monthly fee. It is a charged credit card so there are no interest charges or regular APR, you just need to pay the whole credit card bill every month.
The only problem with this credit card is, they do not offer any rewards or cash back, so you will not get the opportunity to save money on using this credit card. Also, there is no sign-up bonus with this credit card. But it is definitely going to help you build your credit score. So if you are a bad credit score holder, you can get this credit card to improve your credit score.
- Required Credit Score: 350 to 700 points
- APR: No APR
- Card Type: Charge Credit Card
- Credit Limit: Depends on your creditworthiness
- Good for bad credit holders.
- Reports your credit activity to all the credit bureaus.
- There is no interest charge.
- No APR is there.
- This credit card does not offer any rewards or cashback.
- No signup bonus is there.
- High monthly maintenance fee.
Is Sephora Card a Good Option for You?
If you shop a lot from Sephora, then Sephora Credit Card is a good option for you. But if you do not purchase a lot of stuff from Sephora then this card would not be worth it for you. Because if you get the basic Sephora card, you will only be able to use it to buy the brand items whereas if you get Visa or Signature Visa credit card then you will be able to use it outside Sephora but it would not give you many rewards.
Moreover, if you are a bad credit holder then it can get difficult for you to manage multiple credit cards so it is better to stick to credit cards that you can use at multiple stores and not just one store.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How hard is it to get a credit card from Sephora?
It is very easy to get a credit card from Sephora. You just need to go to their official website and apply for a credit card. As per your credit score and creditworthiness, you will get the appropriate credit card in 10 to 12 days after your credit card application gets approved.
Q2. Is it worth it to get a Sephora card?
A Sephora card is only going to be worth it for you if you shop a lot from Sephora. If you do not buy Sephora products that much, you should go for other credit cards that you can use for multiple purposes and at multiple stores, both online and offline.
Q3. What is the credit limit for Sephora?
There is no particular credit limit for Sephora cards. It totally depends on your credit score and the card you are applying for. If you apply for the basic card with a high credit score, your credit limit would be high. Whereas, if you apply for the Signature Visa Credit Card with a low credit score then your credit limit would be low.
Q4. Can I use my Sephora credit card at the gas station?
If you own the basic Sephora card, then you would not be able to use it at the gas station. It comes with limited usage and you can use it only at online and offline Sephora stores. But if you own a Visa or Signature Visa credit card then you can definitely use it at the gas station.
Q5. Who issues Sephora credit cards?
Sephora Cards are issued by Sephora Comenity. Comenity is a credit card issuing company and Sephora is affiliated with them. That’s why Sephora credit cards are also commonly known as Sephora Comenity or Comenity Sephora cards. You can get Comenity Sephora credit cards by applying for them through the official website of Sephora.
- William Smith is a highly respected and well-known figure in the consumer credit industry. With over two decades of experience and expertise, he is one of the most sought-after authors on credit card offers, services, and more. He has written extensively on traditional & alternative forms of credit and is a frequent contributor to Forbes Magazine, where he shares his wealth of knowledge with readers on topics such as personal finance. William can be seen regularly on major media outlets where he offers insight into the world of credit cards. He also strives to keep readers updated on the latest trends while offering sound advice on how to manage their accounts responsibly.
- Credit Card Reviews2023.02.09Famous Footwear Credit Card Review 2023: Get Benefits on Footwear Purchase
- Credit Card Reviews2023.02.04Ultimate Sephora Credit Cards Review 2023– Essential Information by Expert
- Credit Card Reviews2023.02.02Ultimate Kay Jewelers Credit Card Review in 2023: Finance Your Jewels Easily
- Credit Card Reviews2023.01.04Best Egg Credit Card: Is This a Good Card in 2023? (Honest Review)