QuickBooks multi-user is considered to be the most outstanding feature. It enables the users to access the server company file while working on workstations. But, at times, they end up with the issue known as QuickBooks error H303.
The error mainly occurs when the QB files require some extra configuration. Or, if the workstations cannot access the company file located on the server. The troubleshooting given in this post may be tricky but surely helps you in resolving the problem.
What is QuickBooks Error H303
QuickBooks corrupts with this issue when multiple associates could not access the QB file. The software requires some additional components to provide company file access to multiple users. When these components get damaged and lost then the issue appears.
You might get this error text “The company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” Not only this but the scanning with QuickBooks database server manager is also provided as a solution. We will learn below how to use this repair tool to fix the issue. You would be provided other solutions too.
Factors that trigger QuickBooks Error Code H303
If you receive any H series error like QuickBooks error H202, H505 and H303 then any of the below causes are responsible.
- Improper work of the computer.
- Hosting settings is not appropriate.
- The network data file is faulty.
- QuickBooks cannot access the files hosted on IP addresses or servers.
- Issues due to firewall and other security applications.
- QuickBooks database server manager and QBCF monitor services are not working.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error H303
Lots of solutions help in fixing the QuickBooks error H303. Here are the steps that you should follow for conducting the solution.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor helps in resolving all the company file issues within QuickBooks.
- To initiate, move towards Intuit’s website.
- Thereafter, try to find out the QuickBooks file doctor.
- After downloading the tool, just run it on the device.
- Later, open the tool.
- If you see any installation window then choose exe file.
- Hit Next.
- If you see the license agreement window then choose I agree.
- Subsequently, hit Install.
- The installation procedure will be started now.
- Choose Install when the procedure ends.
- Tap Finish.
- Run QuickBooks file doctor on the device.
- Access the QB file now.
- Once conducting this, the repairing procedure will start.
- Finally, open your company file and check if the issue is there or not.
Solution 2: Configure Firewall Settings
- First of all, open QuickBooks in the multi-user environment.
- Now, choose the File menu.
- Thereafter, pick your company files.
- Also, hit Utilities.
- Make sure to pick Stop Hosting multi-user configuration.
- After that, you need to choose the system which you want to use as a server.
- Again, choose the File menu and Utilities.
- Pick Host mutli-user configuration.
- In the end, just open QuickBooks desktop on both of your systems.
Solution 3: Contact Hosting Provider
- If there is any connectivity issue then try to contact the Internet service provider.
- Now, contact the cloud hosting provider if there are any kinds of issues.
- The issue could be of server or any other kind of connectivity issue.
- Lost of issues will remain there even if the issue has been examined.
- After that, try to update the authentication details for checking the information provided by the hosting provider.
- The issue can occur due to multi-user mode settings.
- So, make sure to contact the hosting provider.
Solution 4: Check Services on the server
The server computer must have these two services QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService. They should be running on the device. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Specify Run in the Windows Start menu.
- Then, choose Enter.
- Now, enter msc inside the Run window.
- Try to locate the QuickBooksDBXX.
- Make sure to double-click on this specific service.
- Also, choose Automatic for the Startup Type.
- The status of the service can be either Running or Started.
- If the situation is opposite then hit the Start button.
- After that, move towards the Recover button.
- Click on the drop-down menu and hit Restart the Services for First, Second, and Subsequent failures.
- Choose Apply and OK button.
- After that, access QuickBooks on every workstation.
- Hit File and click on Switch to multi-user mode.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Then, click on the Network Issues.
- Also, choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Hit the Start Scan tab.
- Wait till scanning is going on.
- The error would be resolved once you complete the scanning procedure.
- After this, hit Close.
- Just open the corrupted file to examine the error status.
Solution 6: Recreate QuickBooks Folder
- To initiate, open the host system.
- Thereafter, make a new folder.
- Try to set up and share the QB file through Windows permissions.
- Once done, open the newly created folder and copy and paste the .QBW file.
- Try to access QB files in a multi-user environment.
- Just access QuickBooks and examine whether you are receiving the same issue or not.
Solution 7: Examine the QuickBooks Settings
- First of all, just access QuickBooks in a multi-user environment.
- Click on the File menu on both of your systems.
- Thereafter, pick your QB files.
- Now choose Utilities.
- Click on Stop Hosting Multi-user configuration.
- Just turn on the hosting on any of your systems.
- Again, hit the File menu.
- Then, choose Utilities.
- After that, hit Host Multi-User Configuration.
- End the entire process by opening QuickBooks on both of your systems.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is QuickBooks Error H303?
QuickBooks error H303 occurs at the time of switching QuickBooks files into the multi-user mode. It can block users to access the company file and thus brings several issues.
2. What are the top methods that help me in resolving QuickBooks error code H303?
- Firewall configuration
- Run QuickBooks file doctor
- Recreate QuickBooks folder
- Run QuickBooks database server manager.
3. What are H series errors?
H series errors represent the issues while accessing QuickBooks in multi-user mode. You can face any one of them on your desktop.
4. What leads to QuickBooks multi-user error H303?
Lots of reasons can bring the error into the device. Such as:
- Corrupted Network data file.
- Improper work of QBCF monitor services
- Firewall and security applications are creating issues.
5. How to run QuickBooks file doctor for resolving the issue?
QuickBooks file doctor helps in resolving all kinds of network and company file issues. Here is how you should run this tool.
- Initially, open the tool hub.
- Now, click on the Company File issue.
- Thereafter, hit Run QuickBooks file doctor.
- The tool will be started on its own.
- Also, conduct the scanning procedure easily.
- After that, you need to only restart QuickBooks to check the error issue.