QuickBooks error 6129 appears on your system while you creating the QB file on the host system. The error generally indicates that the verification of the database gets failed. Moreover, some network issues on the system that is used for host purposes. Due to this issue, users cannot access the QB file.
They witness a warning message every time try to create and access a company file. The text of this error message appears like this:
|Error Message||QuickBooks Pro has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.|
|Error Code||-6129, 0|
|Error Meaning||Database connection failure|
However, the issue is tricky but you can fix it easily by the reconfiguration of the database connection or renaming the .ND file. You may not aware of how to do it. So, let’s move in and learn. You will explore more on the issue. Not only different troubleshooting solutions but causes and symptoms are also given for providing an understanding of the QuickBooks error code 6129.
What causes the QuickBooks Error 6129
Not only the corrupted .ND file or database connection failure but many other factors are responsible for the issue. Like:
- Not updating the system used for multi-user mode.
- The network data file is corrupted and damaged.
- Not using the admin rights for updating QuickBooks to the newest release.
- The server and client domain has some mismatched issues.
- Presence of data files with the damaged network.
All these factors are quite responsible for the error code 6129 0 QuickBooks. To fix it, you must move in to learn whether your system is dealing with the same problem or not.
Identify QuickBooks Error 6129
The system brings several hindrances while dealing with the error 6129 0 QuickBooks. These obstructions are also defined as symptoms to spot the error.
- The active window faces an outbreak with the error message.
- The system gets frozen.
- Crashing of all the ongoing work.
- Applications are not running properly.
- Inputs are declined.
All these signs are helpful to identify and detect the issue. If your system slows down and reflects the same issues then must learn the quick solutions.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error H202 | Top 6 Methods to Resolve
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6129
Some of the solutions are provided below for helping out users like you.
Solution 1: QuickBooks .ND File Renaming
As we have told earlier, corruption within the .ND file can bring this error code 6129 0 QuickBooks. So, we try to troubleshoot it with the help of these steps.
- To initiate, try to find out the .ND files in QuickBooks.
- Perform a right-click on the file to modify the old name.
- Pick Rename button.
- Thereafter, just bring OLD after the last alphabet.
- Also, hit Enter.
- You can easily access the QB file with one system.
- However, carry out the steps below if there are multiple systems.
- Choose the Windows Start menu.
- Hit the Programs button.
- Also, pick QuickBooks.
- Then, hit QuickBooks database server manager.
- Choose the Scan Folders button.
- If you find difficulty in accessing the folder with the QB file then tap the Add Folder button.
- Thereafter, choose scan.
- It will start the scanning procedure.
- Make sure to not interrupt till scanning is going on.
- Once done, just close it and restart QuickBooks.
- Finally, you can access the QB file.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks update will help in resolving the QuickBooks error 6129. This is how you should update your QuickBooks software.
- Initiate the procedure by opening QuickBooks.
- Move towards the Help menu.
- Now, choose the Update QuickBooks desktop button.
- After that, you need to click on the Update Now option
- Also, choose to Get Updates.
- The downloading procedure of the update will start if there is any.
- Make sure to restart the system after that.
- Just go through the instructions carefully to install the update.
Solution 3: Disable Antivirus
- To initiate, restart QuickBooks.
- Make sure to not change the safe mode.
- After that, just disable the antivirus software.
- Try to make a company file on your system.
- Your system should act in the normal working mode only.
- Consequently, just reboot it.
- Access your QuickBooks software.
- Also, open the Company file.
- Finally, check if this error gets resolved or not.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks database server manager
- The first and foremost solution for you to do is to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, open the tool hub.
- Thereafter, click Network Issues.
- Choose QuickBooks database server manager.
- Also, try to resolve the issue.
- Not only this but also improve the communication between server and software.
- Just wait till the procedure is going on.
- Finally, reboot your system.
Solution 5: Login as an Admin
- Access the QB file.
- Click on Run as admin to login as Windows admin.
- Try to update the QB file
- If you find some issues while login into the Windows admin then tries to contact Windows support.
Solution 6: Create a QuickBooks folder
- To begin with, make a folder for QB files.
- Open the newly created folder and select the company files.
- If you are using the system in single-user mode then these steps are sufficient. However, if not and using it in multi-user mode then carry out some more steps.
- Choose Start.
- Hit the Programs button.
- Thereafter, click QuickBooks.
- Choose the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Consequently, hit the Scan folders button.
- If you could not find the folder then choose Add folder
- Then, simply choose Scan.
- When the scanning completes, choose Close.
- Finally, just access QB company files and check if it is running or not.
Solution 7: Conduct a Clean Install
- To begin with, open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Click the Installation Issues.
- Consequently, hit the Clean Install Tool.
- Now, the clean installation will be run on the device.
Solution 8: Run Selective Startup
- Initially, press the Ctrl + R buttons to open the Run window.
- Thereafter, enter msconfig.
- Now, choose the Selective startup option.
- Make sure to click on the General option.
- Choose Load System Services thereafter.
- Also, click on Load startup items.
- Once you are done, hit the Services button.
- Click on Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Choose Disable option.
- Remove the checkmark from Hiding all Microsoft Services.
- Go through the list of services to checkmark the Windows Installer box.
- Hit OK.
- Consequently, click on Restart on the System Configuration window.
- It will restart the computer.
- Then, consider uninstallation and reinstallation of QuickBooks.
- After that, just access the Run window.
- Specify Msconfig.
- Simply click on the Normal setup button.
- Then, choose OK.
- Restart the system to execute all these changes.
Check Out: QuickBooks Error 15221 : Fixation Methods (Complete Guide)
Solution 9: Disable Multi-User Mode
QuickBooks error 6129 can occur if you enable the multi-user mode on the host system. So, make sure to disable it through the steps below.
- Initially, open the QB software.
- Hit the File menu.
- Next, click on utilities.
- Now, scroll down to the tab which says Stop Hosting Mutli-user access.
With these solutions, you will get rid of QuickBooks error code 6129 0. We hope that you are no longer facing this error. However, if the error continues and still interrupts the working procedure then get in touch with our experts’ team. You are only required to comment below to reach out to them.
- Jonas Taylor is a financial expert and experienced writer with a focus on finance news, accounting software, and related topics. He has a talent for explaining complex financial concepts in an accessible way and has published high-quality content in various publications. He is dedicated to delivering valuable information to readers, staying up-to-date with financial news and trends, and sharing his expertise with others.
- Blog2023.03.20ICICI Bank and Stellar: Using Blockchain to Reach the Base of the Pyramid in India
- Blog2023.03.20Tanzania Launches National Financial Inclusion Framework
- Blog2023.03.17Are Banks the Future of Banking? Africa Board Fellows Deliberate
- Blog2023.03.17Savings is the Key to Merchant Payments in Developing Countries