Are you wondering how to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App? If so, you’re in the right place. Transferring funds between these platforms might sound tricky, but it’s simpler than you think. Here’s a straightforward guide to assist you with the process.
How to Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Cash App?
Perhaps someone reimbursed you via Apple Pay through iMessage, but you’d prefer that money in Cash App to be utilized with your Cash App card. No matter the reason, the process is relatively smooth, involving both the Cash App and your Apple Pay wallet. This is how to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App:
Initial Steps in Cash App
- Open Cash App: First of all, you need to open the Cash App on your phone.
- Access your Cash App Cash Card: Before proceeding, ensure you have a Cash App Cash Card. With this card, you get a bank account number and a routing number. If you’re unfamiliar with the Cash App Cash Card setup, there are detailed guides and videos available to help.
- Find Your Bank Details: On your main Cash App screen, tap on your balance at the bottom left. This reveals more details about your account. To fetch your account and routing number, click on the “direct deposit” button, followed by the “manual setup” button.
Transferring from Apple Pay
- Open Apple Wallet: This has a multi-colored icon set against a black backdrop.
- Select Apple Cash Card: In your Apple Wallet, select your Apple Cash Card. Here, you’ll see your balance and recent transactions.
- Initiate Transfer: To start the transfer to Cash App, tap on the three dots in the upper right corner. This reveals options, including ‘add money’ and ‘transfer to bank‘. Tap on the latter.
- Specify Amount: Decide how much from Apple Cash you wish to transfer to Cash App and proceed.
- Choose Transfer Type: There are two choices here:
- Instant Transfer: It takes up to two hours (often instant) but incurs a fee (1.5% or 25 cents, whichever is higher).
- Standard Transfer: This is free but takes one to three business days.
- Enter Bank Details: Using the account and routing number from Cash App you noted earlier, input them when prompted. Confirm these details when asked.
- Finalize Transfer: With the correct bank details, your Cash App will appear (named Sutton Bank, Cash App’s partner bank). Confirm the transfer, authenticate with your thumbprint or face ID, and the transfer begins. If you chose the standard transfer, anticipate a waiting period of up to three business days.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Do I need a specific card to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App?
Yes, in order to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App, you need to have a Cash App Cash Card. This card provides you with a bank account and routing number, which are essential for the transfer process.
Q2. Are there any fees associated with transferring money from Apple Pay to Cash App?
There are two transfer methods: Instant and Standard. The Instant Transfer method charges a fee of 1.5% or 25 cents (whichever is higher) but processes within two hours. The Standard Transfer method is free but can take one to three business days to complete.
Q3. Why is the bank name displayed as Sutton Bank when I input my Cash App details?
Sutton Bank is the partner bank for Cash App. When you’re using your Cash App details for transfers or other banking purposes, Sutton Bank may be the name that appears as it manages the bank details for Cash App.
Q4. Can I transfer money from Cash App to Apple Pay in a similar manner?
This article specifically guides on transferring from Apple Pay to Cash App. The reverse process might be different. It’s recommended to check with both Cash App and Apple Pay’s official resources or customer support for guidance on that procedure.
Transferring money from Apple Pay to Cash App is hassle-free once you understand the steps. If you’ve discovered a more efficient method, do share in the comments! Hope this guide on how to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App was helpful to you.