When it comes to taxation applications, Turbotax has its fanbase. This is one of the most commonly used and accurate tax applications to file your taxes in a jiffy. Other than this, using Turbotax, one can avail to maximum discounts and refunds which makes it everyone’s favorite. Every year new updates for Turbotax are released to increase the credibility of the application and also, get rid of the existing bugs of the application. To improve your experience of tax filing, Turbotax also reimburses CRA penalties. If you are a Turbotax user, you may be aware of all the functionalities and features that it has to offer. People may have different queries related to the Turbotax application which may also include How to delete a TurboTax account.
There are majorly three ways that you can use for Turbotax account deletion. In this post, we have explained all the methods to delete your Turbotax 2021 account. So, without any adieu, let’s get started with this guide.
How to Delete Turbotax Account
There may be a variety of reasons for which you may choose to delete your Turbotax account. But, you need to follow the correct procedure to delete your account. Though the steps are easier to carry out, there are times they may seem confusing to the user. If you are looking for the procedure for how to delete a Turbotax account, below we have listed all the steps to carry out the process. Other than this, there are three ways that you can use for Turbotax account delete. Check out all the methods and relevant steps in the article. The three ways that you can use to delete a Turbotax account are:
- In case you wish to delete your Turbotax account, you will have to send an email to the support team.
- Other than this, if you wish to cancel your account, you will have to check out the complete process.
- Lastly, in case you wish to deactivate your account, you can do it simply using the Control panel.
Detailed Solutions for Turbotax Account Delete
Solution 1: Delete Turbotax Account Manually
The very first method that you can use to delete the Turbotax account is the manual method. For this, go through the steps mentioned below.
- For this, you will have to log in to the Turbotax account using your credentials.
- In the login window, you will have to tap on the “Take me to return” option.
- Now, you will have to choose the “My available located at the top” option.
- When done, hover to the start over option and then click on the same.
- Next, when the prompt will appear on the screen, tap on the Yes option.
- In the end, the Turbotax account will then be deleted. All the information related to your account will be deleted.
The steps mentioned above will help you to know how to delete the Turbotax account. Other than this, you can also use other methods to delete the Turbotax account. Check out other methods also.
You may also like- How to download the Chat GPT
Solution 2: Send an Email To Remove the Turbotax Account
Now, if you want to cancel your Turbotax account, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below for the TurboTax account delete. Follow the steps as explained so that you do not face issues.
- To start with, you will have to sign in to your email account.
- You will then have to make sure that you have registered that email at the time of registration. Make sure to check it before starting the process.
- After this, you will have to send a mail to email@example.com. In the subject tab, you will have to type “request to delete my account”.
- When done, you will have to complete the email writing a valid reason for which you wish to delete the Turbotax account.
- After this, you will have to wait for the reply.
Now, with all the steps mentioned, you will be able to delete the Turbotax account. Other than the process mentioned in the article, you can also choose to start over on Turbotax. If you wish to start over, here are the steps that you will have to follow.
- For this, you will have to use your credentials and log in to the Turbotax account.
- For this, you will have to ensure that you have entered all your credentials correctly.
- Next, you will have to tap on the option to take to my return.
- When done, you will have to tap on the “My Account” tab. You will find it in the right corner of your system’s screen.
- Now, tap on the option for clear and start over.
- When done, a prompt will appear on the screen to confirm the process, choose the Yes option.
- Next, you will have to choose to clear and start over.
- Sometimes, you may encounter issues while starting over on Turbotax. At such times, you will have to follow crucial steps to delete your Turbotax account. Now, a list of all the products will appear on the screen. You will have to choose out of the following.
- CD/ Download Mac
- Mobile App
- CD/ Download Windows
- I don’t know
- After this, you will have to tap on the option for “I need to delete my account permanently”.
- You will then have to go to the right corner of the screen and then choose the Continue option.
- Next, you will have to scroll to the bottom of the page and then type all the information asked. You will add some basic information like name, email address, phone number, and others.
- Now, you will have to tap on the option for getting Your Phone Number and then you will have to call on that number. You will then have to proceed with the deletion of your account.
You May Also Read: Download TurboTax for Mac
Steps to Deactivate or Cancel the TurboTax Account
So, now that you know how to delete the Turbotax account using manual methods, you can also use the control panel for the same. To delete Turbotax using the control panel, follow all the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to make sure to end all the Turbotax applications on your system.
- You will then have to open the Control panel on the system.
- Now, you will have to go to the programs and features option. Under this, choose the uninstall a program option.
- From the list of all the installed applications, choose Turbotax.
- You will then have to click on the uninstall option. You will find it at the right end of the screen.
- After this, you will have to choose the uninstall Turbotax option and then wait for the process to complete.
Turbotax keeps all your information confidential. If you still wish to proceed with the Turbotax account delete, you can simply choose to email the support team, start over on TurboTax, or simply use your control panel for the same. Other than this, if you have more than one account on Turbotax, you will have to follow the same steps mentioned in the article. Also, if you face issues while carrying out the process, you can call or message the support team for the same. To know more about Turbotax, check out our website.
- Jonas Taylor is a financial expert and experienced writer with a focus on finance news, accounting software, and related topics. He has a talent for explaining complex financial concepts in an accessible way and has published high-quality content in various publications. He is dedicated to delivering valuable information to readers, staying up-to-date with financial news and trends, and sharing his expertise with others.
- Blog2023.04.28What Happens if the Blockchain Breaks?
- Blog2023.04.28The Politics Behind Mobile Money in Ethiopia
- Blog2023.04.28With 72 Percent of the Population with Access, Rwanda Looks Toward 2020 for Next Inclusion Milestone
- Blog2023.04.28Building Trust and Growing Digital Financial Services: A Look at JUMO