Struggling with the question ‘how to add money to Venmo?’ If so, then you are certainly not alone. Various Venmo users struggle with adding money options to the app. Well, Venmo has become the widely used money exchanging option among the youth. It has come up as the most convenient means of receiving and sending money to your friends & family.
To use your Venmo account, you must know how to transfer money into Venmo, how to transfer money from the bank to Venmo, and many things. Thus, we have covered all this in the below article. We have given five potential ways to resolve how to add money to Venmo instantly. Read the complete article all the way through its conclusion and get your money credited to your Venmo account.
What is Venmo?
Venmo is a modern mobile application through which you can make payments easily. Well, the main focus of this app is based on youth troubles. However, with this app, you can split your bills and pay for any merchandise quickly. It works with multiple other payment apps. You can use its various features, which include even crypto. Through Venmo, you can even get done with paying electricity bills and other kinds of stuff.
Moreover, you have heard about Paypal, which is the parent company of Venmo. Also, adding money to a Venmo account is one of the most confusing aspects for every user. Thus, we are coming up with this guide.
How to Add Money to Venmo?
If you are also having the question, “how do I add money to Venmo,” then the following section will get it resolved. Most people have trouble adding money. However, you can actually add money to your Venmo account without even doing hassles. There are various ways through which you can actually add money to your Venmo account. Without wasting much time, let’s get into the adding money methods.
1. Add Money to Venmo from Your Bank Account
Before adding money to your Venmo from a bank account, you first need to add a bank account to your Venmo app. Thus, let’s see the steps through which you can add a bank account to the Venmo app. However, you must have a standard checking account to use Venmo.
- Launch the app on your mobile.
- Get into my tab.
- Click to make payments.
- If your bank account is not connected, then you will get an option to connect your bank account.
- Click to connect your bank account.
- Continue with the on-screen wizards.
- Here, you will require to enter your bank details to connect your account and the app.
After successfully adding your bank account to the Venmo app, now it is time to add money. Let’s see how you can add money to your Venmo account directly from your bank.
- Launch the application.
- Click the Me tab, and here you can click the option “Manage balance.”
- Here, you can see the option to add money or add a transfer.
- Click that. Now, you are required to enter the amount.
- Click enter to get done with PIN.
- Here, the process is done. The money will be credited to your Venmo account within a few minutes.
2. Add Money to Venmo from a Credit or Debit Card
Another option through which you can resolve the question of how to transfer money to Venmo is through a debit card or a credit card. Adding money to a card is not as difficult as it may have seemed to you at first. You are just required to add your debit credit card details first in the Venmo app and then carry on with the process. Follow the below-written steps to resolve ‘how to put money in Venmo.’
- Launch the Venmo app and select the ‘you’ tab.
- Click the settings menu and choose payment methods.
- Click to add card details.
- Select a card and start entering your card information.
You can use the camera to add your card details. You can enter your card details manually and then carry on with the process. Once the card gets linked to your app, you can simply add money to your account. Moreover, if you are adding a credit card, then you will have to pay a 3% extra fee.
3. Add Money Through Direct Deposit
This method is different from others as it won’t require a debit card at the time of adding money. Also, the method only applies if you have applied for a debit card in the Venmo app. Now, you are required to set the settings for direct deposits. Let’s look at the steps below.
- Launch the app and get into the settings tab.
- Click direct deposits, and choose ‘show the account number.’
- Now, note your account number and routing number.
- Now, you can use these details further in filling out the form for direct deposit.
Note: When you are done with this, you are required to wait for the employer to approve it and let the money be transferred to your Venmo account. Hope the question of how to add funds to Venmo has been resolved.
4. Ask a Friend
If none of the methods work for you and you need extra money, then the only way left for you is to ask your friend who can transfer an amount to your Venmo account. This method is quite good if you don’t have a bank account or card. Your friend will transfer a sum of money to your Venmo account. One can also use this money further wherever your needs demand. Moreover, the question of how to add money to Venmo without a bank account has now been resolved. You can also try having a second chance bank account if no one is ready to provide you with immediate funds.
5. Cash a Check Service
If you are still struggling with how do you add money to Venmo, then this is another method that you can carry for instant money transfers. Cashing a check is the best way to add money to your Venmo account. However, you must have a debit card for this else you won’t be able to add money to your Venmo account. Let’s check all the possible steps that you will need to perform while cashing checks to add money to your Venmo account.
- Launch the app and click the “you” tab.
- Click Manage balance.
- Click the option to cash a check.
- Now you can click the picture of your check for a better & easy way to use this option.
- Enter the amount, and then the time you want to get credited with the money in your Venmo account.
- You are required to wait as the request is under review. Well, it can take up to 1.5 hours.
- Now, you are requested to write a void on your check as soon as you get the money credited.
- Write Void only when you are asked to. And then share a photo of the check that has void written on it.
- Approve the summary of the page that consists of all your check information.
- The funds will be available in up to 10 days or in a few moments; it all depends on the way you have selected.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why can’t I add money to my Venmo account?
You can only add money to your Venmo account if you have a debit card. Thus, you must apply for a debit card if you don’t have one. Sometimes, the option of adding money doesn’t show up if the application for the debit card is under process.
Q2. How long does it take money to be added to my Venmo balance?
It won’t take much time to add money to your Venmo account. It just gets added to your Venmo account as long as you transfer. However, it also depends on the way you choose the money-adding option. For instance, if you add money by cashing a check, then it can take up to 10 days as well.
Q3. Can I add money to my Venmo account immediately?
Yes, you can add money to your Venmo account instantly. You just need to launch the app and then continue with the on-screen wizards. Get into the app and click the Me tab. Here, you can add money to your Venmo wallet easily.
In a nutshell, we have listed all the possible options through which you can actually get access to your Venmo account and your bank account. In the above article, we have even listed a way through which you can add money to your Venmo app without having a bank account. Hope this guide has helped you to add money to your account and the question “how to add money to Venmo.” If you still have any queries, then you can simply connect us anytime.
- Jennifer Garcia is an expert in the field of credit cards and related services. She has written extensively on a broad range of topics related to credit cards, including different types of offers and benefits, how to compare and choose the best cards for individual needs, and strategies for finding ways to use credit more effectively. She has been an invited speaker at conferences around the world to discuss her research into financial products. Her knowledge of the credit card landscape is unparalleled, with a deep understanding of how each offer or product works in relation to the rest of the industry. Jennifer’s work provides invaluable insight into how to make the most out of any credit product.