You might have faced this situation if a credit check is done then with low or poor credit you will not get the card else you may get a hard inquiry. But, if you want to have a card with no such restrictions then go for the GO2bank Credit Card. It is a very affordable option and will not do any credit checks. It doesn’t charge any annual fee or other fee related to the card. We will provide you with GO2bank secured credit card review that will be helpful for you in making any decision. Let’s begin.
GO2bank Credit Card Description
Our Rating: 3.8/5
As per our GO2bank credit card reviews, the GO2bank secured credit card doesn’t need any credit check but you have to deposit some amount as security which is $100 as it will decide your credit limit. You need to have a GO2bank account if you want to qualify for this card and that’s why it can take more time. It has more APR but it is fixed so the interest rate will not go up.
- 0 annual fees
- You can do Foreign transactions & cash advances
- Reports to all 3 credit agencies
- No need for a credit check
- You can view Equifax VantageScore for free.
- If you face any emergency during the roadside.
- Cash Advance & Foreign Transactions option is available.
- You can’t add authorized users/joint accounts.
- Get protection from fraud & theft.
- 0 fraud liability.
- It reports to all 3 agencies.
Let’s have a look at the characteristics of a GO2bank secured credit card:
- Late fee: Up to $39
- Annual fee: $0
- Cash advance fee: $10 or 5% (whichever is higher)
- Returned payment fee: Up to $20
- Foreign transaction fee: 3%
2. Interest Rate
If anytime, you fail to pay the full balance each month then they will charge interest and the rate will depend on the APR. But, you must know that they have fixed APR so there will be no penalty APR.
3. Grace Period
The grace period that this card provides is for 25 days. Only in February, it will offer 23 days. The days that you get are very important as they will make you pay the bills on time so that no interest will be charged.
4. Security Deposit
For a secured card, you need to deposit a few amounts as a security and it will decide your credit limit. You need GO2bank a/c & deposit $100. They will keep this money with them to ensure that you are not making any fault in making payment.
So, here are some of the advantages that the GO2bank credit card offer:
- Visa Offers & Perks: If you use this card then you can get a discount & also you can save on sports, shopping, and many more.
- Fraud protection: It will detect if there is any wrong spending or any activity which is against the card.
- $0 fraud liability: If anybody does anything wrong in your name of your by using the card then you will get compensation for that.
- Free credit scores: You can view Equifax credit scores for free.
- Roadside Dispatch: You can use “pay-per-use” in case of an emergency at the roadside.
- ID theft protection: You can protect your individual information from the dark web.
Let’s see some other advantages:
1. Cash Advances
You can withdraw money from an ATM but only $200/day and also it depends on the credit limit. The fee that it will charge will be $10 or 5%. It has an APR (of 26.99%) which is fixed.
2. Credit Limit
This card will offer $100 or it can offer more as a credit limit but it will depend on your deposit. See, the highest limit that it can give will depend totally on your security deposit & you should qualify from GO2bank.
3. Credit Reporting
If you want to build credit then you must do credit reporting as on the basis of this information only your report will be prepared. The GO2bank reports to 3 main agencies.
4. Credit Building
In case any card is reporting to all 3 agencies then it will build or rebuild your credit. You must pay your balance on time so that you can improve your score.
5. Application & Approval
Before applying, you need to have a GO2bank account and you need to give $5 per month. This fee can be waived if you use this a/c for receiving salary & government merits. To get approved you need to deposit $100 within 30 days. After you think that you have got adequate money, you can apply for it by using the app or by visiting their site.
What Happens After Applying for a GO2Bank Credit Card?
Although GO2bank will not do any credit checks, it will look into your account to check income & expenses so that they can decide if they should approve. Once you have applied it will get approved soon. But, sometimes due to other things, it might take more time, and it is even possible that they will cancel your application.
Should I Use GO2bank Credit Card?
This card is quite the same as other cards which will help in building credit the difference is that it doesn’t do a credit check which we think is a very nice option as many cards have credit checks and if the hard inquiry is done then you might not get approval and also the APR is fixed so you don’t have to pay extra interest if you fail to make any payment. So, if you want a card early then this card may take more time for getting approved.
For Whom is this Card Appropriate?
Listed below are for whom this card can be beneficial:
- GO2Bank Account Holders: In case, you are using savings a/c then you can get a credit card easily. If you are ready to move some funds to a security deposit then you can qualify for this card and you can also minimize your holdings.
- Credit builders with Major Negative Marks on their Credit Reports: It is perfect for those with negative marks like late payments or bankruptcy on their credit report as they might not get a card if they go for other cards where credit checks will happen.
Few Alternatives for You
Now as you have got a proper analysis of the GO2bank credit card but you can look for other options below.:
1. Discover it Secured Credit Card
Our Rating: 4.8/5
The Discover it secured card is the perfect card for you as it only requires you to deposit the security amount which is equal to your credit limit. You will only have to pay $200 and they will repay it once you cancel or upgrade the card.
- 1% to 2% cashback
- Zero annual fees
- “Dollar-for-dollar” allowance
- You can see credit scores for free
- 0 foreign transaction fees
2. U.S. Bank Secured Visa
Our Rating: 3.7/5
This card is a reasonable option if you have a poor credit score or you want to improve your credit history. You can also do a Balance transfer. It needs more amount to deposit as a security and also has a Variable APR which is high.
- Zero annual fees
- You can do Foreign transactions, cash advances, & balance transfers
- Credit reporting is done in all agencies
- Poor credit can qualify
3. Chime Credit Builder Secured Visa
Our Rating: 3.9/5
This card is not very expensive although it will not give you any rewards, it is great for building credit. The Chime Credit Builder card will only charge $2.50 if you use an out-of-line ATM. It comes up with 0 fees and no interest.
- 0 interest charges
- Zero annual fee
- No need to apply for a credit check.
Now that you know everything about the GO2bank Credit Card, you can determine whether or not it is the right card for you. You now have the option to use this card or not after hearing about its benefits and drawbacks. You can consider other options if you are unsure. Feel free to call or ping us for any queries. We will be happy if we get the chance to serve you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How does the GO2bank credit card work?
When you deposit money with GO2bank, it will enable the chip option, just swipe it when the cashier tells you to do so.
Q2. How to apply for a GO2bank credit card?
You can apply for a GO2bank credit card by using the app or by visiting their site.
Q3. Is GO2bank a credit card or a debit card?
GO2bank is a credit card and you need to deposit some amount as a security.
Q4. Does GO2bank help with credit?
GO2bank helps in building credit history if you use it with extra care and make payments on time.