Quickbooks is undoubtedly magnificent software and definitely a blessing for accountants and bookkeepers. Tools are released regularly to make the QuickBooks program more user-friendly, but tiny problems appear with each improvement. Runtime Error QuickBooks is one such issue seen by users. The term QuickBooks runtime error refers to an issue that occurs while launching QuickBooks after installing a third-party integrated program on Windows 7 or Vista. It indicates that the program has asked the runtime to exit. This QuickBooks runtime issue occurs when QB is not launched with the “Run as Administrator” option after installing DMS or a third-party integrated program.
In this article, we will go through the specifics of the QuickBooks Runtime Error and how to fix it in the QuickBooks Desktop. For comprehensive troubleshooting information, read the entire post.
Quickbooks Runtime Error in a Nutshell
Runtime error 0 Quickbooks arises unexpectedly when you are performing critical activities in the QuickBooks program. The common warnings that suggest Quickbooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination is “Qbw32.exe – Memory could not be read” or “Runtime Error – Runtime has ended in an unexpected way – contact support.” The errors can occur for a variety of reasons. We have mentioned some of them right here for you.
- The company file is damaged or corrupted.
- While using QuickBooks, the Windows compatibility mode is enabled.
- The QBW.INI file has been damaged or corrupted.
So now that you have acquired all this technical knowledge, a question arises. How to solve this annoying error? Well, we don’t want you to wait anymore, the answer to that question is right here.
Solutions to Quickbooks Runtime Error
Solution 1: Launch Quickbooks App Without Using QB Company File
- To execute the QB program, you must first address the QuickBooks C++ Errors.
- To begin, make sure that QBW.exe is not operating in the background of any computer activities.
- Navigate to the Processes tab by pressing ‘Ctrl + Alt + Delete.’
- If you notice a process running with the name QBW.exe, right-click it and choose End Task.
- For confirmation, click Yes.
- Hold down the CTRL key while right-clicking the ‘QuickBooks’ icon.
- When you press the ‘OPEN’ button, the app will launch without any business files open.
- Check to see whether this resolves the issue; if it does not, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 2: Operate Quickbooks Without any Data
- Check if the QBW.EXE file is executing by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time.
- If you see QBW.EXE mentioned, click it and then select terminate the process to stop it.
- Now, right-click on the QuickBooks icon, hold down the Ctrl key, and click Open while holding the key down.
- This will provide you access to QuickBooks without any data being associated with the account.
Solution 3: Reboot your System
- Many QuickBooks and computer issues can be resolved simply by restarting your computer.
- Then, on your keyboard, press the Windows key and pick the shut down or restart button.
- You may also switch your computer off and then back on by pressing the power button.
- Allow your computer to restart before launching QuickBooks again.
Solution 4: Rename the file named QBW.INI
You can also try renaming the QuickBooks.INI file to solve runtime error 0 in Quickbooks.
- Enter the search option in your system’s menu, or click the start menu to get to the search option.
- Use the search bar to find the file.
- You can also look for this file on the C:/ disc.
- You can rename it by right-clicking on it after you’ve found it.
- Add the word OLD to the filename to rename it.
- After you have renamed the file, save it.
- Right now, try opening QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Shut Down all the Windows
- Check to see if QBW.EXE is operating on your computer by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del again.
- You have to make sure that QBW.EXE is not operating, then right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Now, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and click Open.
- Next, from the No Company Open Screen, hit and hold the Alt key on the keyboard.
- Hold down the Alt key and click open to start your QB business file.
- In most cases, this step will access your company’s file. However, it prevents any other windows from opening.
Solution 6: Use Selective Startup
- Navigate to Windows and choose the Start button, followed by the Run option.
- The run command window should now display on your screen.
- In the execute command area, type MSConfig and press the Enter key.
- Select the ‘Selective Startup‘ option from the ‘General‘ tab list in the ‘System Configuration’ window.
- Clear the ‘Load Startup Items‘ checkbox from the ‘Selective Startup‘ menu. And then press the ‘Ok‘ button.
- Restart your computer and launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Try to finish your payroll setup and then restart the configuration process using the run command window.
- From the System Configuration Utility window, select the ‘Selective Startup‘ pane.
Solution 7: Clean Installation of Quickbooks
- Download the most recent QuickBooks installer and remove QuickBooks Desktop.
- After you’ve finished uninstalling everything, go ahead and download the QB tool hub.
- You may use the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to do a clean installation in QuickBooks.
- When asked by a dialogue, select the QuickBooks product version and click ‘Ok.’
- You may now reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
You might like: How to Fix Quickbooks Error 15221 ?
That’s how you deal with QuickBooks 2003 runtime error. Hopefully, you tried out the steps and were successfully able to eradicate the issues you were facing. If you are still facing some kind of issue you can let us know in the comment section. We are more than happy to help you out.
Also, you can read more enlightening financial and tech-based posts on our website. They are surely gonna add more value to your life. Till then, kudos!