QuickBooks problems can be so frustrating and unpleasant that users are unable to use the software sometimes. It is possible that this could result in the loss of company files and vital business information. A technical bottleneck, such as QuickBooks Error 3371, which is caused by external factors, is impossible to prevent. When QuickBooks is unable to load license data, this error occurs. Activating or launching QuickBooks Desktop may cause this problem.
Regardless, our job is to help you eliminate such easily reversible errors. The only thing you have to do is stick around until the end so we can kick out this error.
Meaning of Quickbooks Error 3371
Error 3371 Status Code 11118 occurs when Entitlementdatastore.ECML (a system file) is deleted from the QuickBooks system. You can find the licensing properties of the Quickbooks desktop in this file.
If your software is open for any reason, improperly shutting down your computer will cause file damage. Due to this issue, QuickBooks does not sync the licensing settings and displays “Error 3371 Status Code 11118” whenever it opens.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 3371
This error occurs due to various reasons, let’s have a look at them one by one.
- There may be a problem with one or more files or components in QuickBooks Desktop.
- As a result of Qbregistration.dat: Your licensing information can be found in this installation file. As soon as Intuit starts, it searches for the specific file. Files that fail to function properly or are corrupted will not be opened by QuickBooks Desktop.
- MSXML is an important component offered by Microsoft. It is necessary for the QB desktop to operate on your system. The QBregistration.dat file is opened by this component to provide information about QuickBooks Desktop. Accounting software may become inaccessible if it is destroyed.
- Interruption due to anti-virus software or outdated Windows operating systems that quarantines some QuickBooks Desktop files.
- QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users may encounter the same problem if they open corporate files without first saving them. To import a.QBO file, you first have to save it.
- When you open a document without saving it, this error occurs. It is therefore advisable to save the.QBO file before importing it.
Indications of Quickbooks Error 3371
An error message displaying the specific reason why QuickBooks could not load appears beneath the foreground pop-up in the user’s browser. In the following sections, you will find a list of symptoms that users may experience if they encounter QuickBooks Error 3371 or one of its variations.
- Error codes are displayed together with specific status codes in the event of an error.
- As a result of the fatal mistake, users will no longer be able to access corporate files.
- Some users may experience lags when typing or using a mouse.
- A severe system crash could potentially occur to users.
Identifying Error 3371 Quickbooks
There are no specific circumstances that lead to QuickBooks error 3371 code 11118 or its variants, however, users are most likely to encounter them when they first start QuickBooks Desktop. The following are some possible circumstances that may have led to the error:
- Moving a QuickBooks installation from one system to another.
- You haven’t installed windows correctly. Depending on the operating system and the QuickBooks version, QuickBooks may not work
- A corrupted MSXML component.
- Data transfer across discs.
Methods to Fix Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
First Method: Update Windows Operating System
- To begin, press the Start button.
- Next, select Window Update from All Programs.
- Click on the Check for Updates button to check for updates.
- You will have to update and reinstall QB Desktop later.
Second Method: Install the Entitlement File Again
Using the entitlement file, you can verify with Intuit that the QuickBooks installation on your system is legitimate and registered. Delete the current file and register QuickBooks with the appropriate licensing information and product number as the first step in resolving the issue:
- Under the UserData folder under the Intuit folder, and find the entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
- Then, restart QuickBooks after you have deleted the file.
- Re-registering QuickBooks on the system is as simple as following the steps on the screen.
If adjusting QuickBooks does not resolve the problem, the problem is most likely with the Windows installation. If the problem remains, move on to the next step.
Third Method: Use Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Launch tool hub on your server computer.
- Launch the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool after selecting Installation Issues from the Installation menu. Run the tool for several minutes now.
- Now, restart your computer.
Fourth Method: Manually Resolve this Error
To fix the error, follow the steps below:
- To fix licensing and registration issues, first rebuild the damaged entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
- Fix any Microsoft.NET Framework problems, MSXML issues, and C++ issues using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Reinstall by performing a clean installation.
- Start the reboot.file file.
- Install the most recent version of QuickBooks.
Fifth Method: Rename QBW.INI File
- If none of the previous options work, you should attempt renaming the QBW.INI file to resolve the Runtime issue.
- However, to locate the file on your computer, use the Windows file search tool (or locate that by manually navigating to the location of the file).
After you’ve found QBW.INI, right-click it and choose rename.
- QuickBooks advises renaming the file with the.OLD extension, so your file should be QBW.OLD.
- Now, save your changes by pressing the Enter key on your keyboard. Check if error 3371 Quickbooks still persists or not.
We have tried to cover all the solutions possible for Quickbooks error 3371 status code 1. Hopefully, you were able to solve all the issues you were facing.
If you faced any errors, please let us know in the comment section. Also, read other articles on our website, they will be of great use to you.