With the Chevron Credit Card, you can purchase gas at Chevron and Texaco stations without paying an annual fee. These Fuel Credits only result in savings of 3 cents per gallon, which is less than both generic rewards cards and cards from branded competitors. We promise to always deliver an honest review of the Chevron gas card. We vow to provide an expert & straightforward evaluation of the Chevron gas card every time. Also, we shall discuss their prices, rewards, benefits, the application process, and other factors. Let’s begin.
Chevron or Texaco Techron Advantage® Card Overview
Our Rating: 3.6/5
Although it doesn’t have significant earning potential, the Chevron Texaco credit card offers 3 to 8 cents back per gallon on Chevron purchases. On those ten gallons, even a 1% cash back rate—the lowest you’ll find anywhere—would still net you 40. This card is good if you want the best gas cards for bad credit.
- Credit card issuer: Synchrony Bank
- Grace period: 23 days
- Credit Score: 300 – 669
- Purchase APR: 29.90% (variable)
- Annual Fees: $49 – $75
- There is no annual fee.
- You will get 37¢/gallon on fuel purchases for the first ninety days.
- If you’re using Plus fuel then it offers 6¢/gallon & if you use Supreme/Premium then it offers 8¢/gallon.
- There is no APR for six months if you purchase for not less than $199 with “Synchrony Bank”.
- High annual percentage rate.
- You can use it with limited organizations.
- Less rate for rewards.
- No chance to earn fuel credits for non-fuel purchasing.
- There is no liability if you make any fraudulent purchase by using the card.
- You can use this card with “Synchrony Car Care partners” such as auto repair shops & auto-part suppliers.
- No need to pay a fee for “Authorized users”.
Earning Fuel Credits with the Chevron gas credit card translates into 3/gallon savings on fuel purchases (it doesn’t include commercial aviation & marine fuel). You can purchase an unlimited amount of gallons to receive Fuel Credits via Chevron credit card payment.
Within the starting of 90 days of card possession, you will earn 37/gallon at Texaco & Chevron gas stations. Additionally, when you pay with your card using the Chevron or Texaco mobile applications, you’ll get 6 cents per gallon on Plus fuel and 8 cents per gallon on Supreme/Premium fuel. But since this is a one-time deal, you will not get the same rewards rate every time.
By using a Chevron gas card, you can take the benefit of a cash advance if you have approval for a limit of not less than $500. For that, you either have to pay $10/5% on your advance amount and also they will charge an interest of 29.99% (variable). We advise you not to take the cash advances due to the high fee.
The Chevron Texaco credit card has a few other advantages. Let’s look at them:
- $0 Fraud Liability: In case your card is being stolen then no one can make you responsible for this and there will be no charges for fraud on you.
- Synchrony Car Care™ Acceptance: Techron advantage card can be used if you want to buy anything from “Synchrony Car Care partners” which includes auto repair & auto part sellers.
- Promotional Financing: If you are able to pay your balance within six months then there is no interest on purchases of not less than $199.
There is the option of adding authorized users to the Chevron credit card review and they will not charge any extra fee for this. If you add any member of your family then this card can help them to build their credit & make a credit score by limiting their purchases.
Chevron credit card reports to all 3 agencies: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. They will make use of this information when they want to upgrade their credit report.
Is Chevron Gas Card Good to Use?
In case you are choosing Chevron and Texaco, then it will not make a very big difference in your gas expenses. If you use the Visa version it will help you to get more reasonable rates, but before taking any decision you should consider a card that offers rewards.
As it might be possible that they will provide more advantages and you can earn more points, and get more priceless rewards.
For Whom was this Card Intended?
- Regular Chevron and Texaco customers:
Only members of Chevron & Texaco can make use of this card as it provides a welcome bonus for the first ninety days. Additionally, Synchrony Bank provides an unexpected and often beneficial bonus that other gas cards do not.
Other Alternative Options
Just look at a few other alternatives that you can choose if you don’t find this card useful:
1. Chevron/Texaco Techron Advantage Visa Card
Our Rating: 3.8/5
Chevron/Texaco Techron Advantage Visa Card helps in saving extra cents/ gallon as compared to Chevron credit card. They also provide high rewards which make these cards more reliable.
- Required Credit Score: 670–850
- Annual Fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 29.99% (variable)
- Zero Annual fees.
- You get similar welcome opportunities as you get for a “non-visa” card.
- You can use it anywhere.
- By using this card you can protect your phone and can claim $300.
- Rewards are only offered to selected merchants.
- Low-interest rate.
2. Shell Fuel Rewards Card
Our Rating: 4.1/5
The Shell fuel reward card grants more savings than other cards as it provides 10¢/gallon for 35 gallons & 10% rebate on “non-gas Shell” purchases. You can also get additional savings on dining, and groceries.
- Required Credit Score: 300–669
- Annual Fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 26.49% (variable)
- Zero annual fees.
- You can save 10¢ per gallon for 35 gallons.
- 10% off the first $1,200 in “non-fuel” purchases from Shell per year.
- More APR.
- You will not be able to use it at “non-shell” companies.
3. Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Secured
Our Rating: 4.9/5
The Bank of America customized cash rewards card helps in approving users who have low credit scores but it asks for a security deposit of not less than $200.
- Required Credit Score: 300–669
- Annual Fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 26.99% (variable)
- Deposit: $200–$5,000
- Zero annual fees.
- Get 1% to 3% rewards.
- It allows “balance transfers”.
- General Bank of America advantages.
- You need to deposit $200
- More APR
- Also, pay foreign settlement fees
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Where can I use my Chevron gas card?
You can use a Chevron gas card at gas stations for fuel & retail purchases.
Q2. How hard is it to get a Chevron gas card?
For getting a Chevron Texaco credit card, you need a Fair credit score of not less than 620. It also requires some income & debt challenges.
Q3. How to get cash from a Chevron credit card?
You can get a cash advance but for that, you either have to pay $10/5% on your advance amount and also they will charge an interest of 29.99% (variable).
Q4. What credit score is needed for a Chevron gas card?
For a Chevron gas card, you need a credit score that is 620.
Q5. How do I apply for a Chevron gas card?
You can apply for a Chevron gas card at gas stations/online.
Q6. What gas stations can I use my Chevron card?
You can make use of a Chevron card at “Chevron & Texaco” gas stations.
We hope that you now know everything about Chevron Credit Card. We have mentioned all the pros & cons of this card now it’s up to you if you want to use this card or not. There are other options available that you can look at if you are in doubt. So, choose wisely and if you have any queries then call or ping us anytime.
- Elizabeth Jones is one of our editorial team’s leading authors on credit card offers, services & more. With over two decades of experience in the consumer credit industry and as a nationally recognized credit expert, Elizabeth provides in-depth analysis of both traditional & alternative forms of credit. Elizabeth regularly appears on many major media outlets including NBC Nightly News, Fox Business Network, CNBC & Yahoo! Finance. She is also a frequent contributor to Forbes Magazine. As a highly appreciated author for our exclusive Editorial Team, Elizabeth strives to provide readers with a trustworthy advice on how to manage their credit accounts while staying informed on the latest offers in the marketplace.
- Blog2023.04.25Microinsurance: Can the Cinderella of Financial Inclusion Join the Global Ball?
- Blog2023.04.20Top Five Resources of 2013 on Financial Inclusion of Women
- Blog2023.04.20Growing Concerns about Overindebtedness in Mexico’s Microfinance Sector
- Blog2023.03.29Microfinance as a Mobile Game for Teens