We cannot deny the fact that credit cards have become very necessary these days. They help in building your credit which later helps in getting loans and other financial aid at affordable interest rates. If you are looking for an unsecured credit card to build your credit then you can definitely go with the Best Egg Credit Card. It is an easy-to-get credit card with affordable APR and low fees. In this write-up, we are going to tell you about the Best Egg Card in detail. Now let’s get started.
What is the Best Egg Credit Card?
Best Egg card is an unsecured credit card, which means that you will not have to pay any security deposit in order to use this credit card. It boosts your credit score better than any other credit card because it reports to all the credit bureaus and also offers free credit scores. Also, there is no annual fee, foreign transaction fee, or over-limit fee. So, all in all, it is an affordable credit card with a handful of benefits.
- Purchase APR: 18.99% to 28.99% (Variable)
- Intro APR: 0.00% ARP for the first 6 months
- Annual Fee: $0.00
- Cash Advance Fee: 5% or $10, whichever is higher
- Foreign Transaction Fee: $0.00
- Balance Transfer Fee: $0.00
- Required Credit Score: 600 to 850
- 1% cash back on all your purchases.
- No hard pull in case of non-approval of your credit card.
- You can apply for a credit limit increase just after 6 months of owning the card.
- User-friendly mobile application.
- No annual fee.
- Zero foreign transaction fee.
- No extra fee in case of over-limit.
- Offers 1% cash back on all your purchases.
- 0.00% APR for the first 6 months.
- One of the best credit cards for fair credit holders.
- Free credit scores.
- APR is a bit high for average credit holders.
- No bonus on sign-up.
- The cashback and rewards could be more.
- Not an option for bad credit holders or zero credit holders.
Best Egg Card Top Highlights
Now that you know a lot about the Best Egg Cards, in this section, we will tell you about the most attractive features of this card.
1. 0.00% Introductory APR
The best part is, unlike most credit cards, the Best Egg Card offers 0.00% APR for the first 6 months. After the first 6 months, you will have to pay an APR of 18.99% to 28.99%, depending on your credit score. But to apply for a credit limit increase, make sure that you pay the credit card bills on time.
2. Zero Overlimit Fees
In case you exceed the Best Egg Credit Card limit, Best Egg will not apply any over-limit fee. But until you do not pay the previous bill, they will not allow you to make any further purchases.
3. If You Do Not Qualify for the Card, Your Credit Score Remains Unaffected
Do you know what is the best part about this credit card? In case you do not qualify for this card, Best Egg will not decrease your credit score. The thing is, they let you know if you qualify for this credit card or not. If you qualify for this card, then only they will conduct a hard inquiry of your account, otherwise, they will not let your credit scores go to waste.
Best Egg Card Benefits
In this section, we are going to introduce you to some of the benefits of the Best Egg Visa Credit Card.
1. Zero Fraud Liability
This card comes with zero fraud liability. So in case, someone uses your card on your behalf without your knowledge or you become a victim of identity theft, you will not have to pay for the losses. Best Egg will pay for it.
2. Easy to Use Mobile Application
The Best Egg Credit Card app is easy to use. With this application, you can pay the credit card bill and check your balance. This application also comes with other tools to help you manage your budget.
3. Free Credit Scores
On paying your bills on time and managing your credit card well, Best Egg offers you free credit scores as rewards. It helps you boost your credit score.
4. Reports to All Credit Bureaus
Best Egg reports all your credit activities to all three major credit unions including TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax at the end of every month.
5. Free Access to Credit Score
With the help of this card, you can check your credit card for free. This helps you to keep a track of your credit score.
Best Egg Credit Card Downfalls
Here, we are going to tell you about some of the disadvantages of this credit card, so that you can decide whether you should go for this credit card or not.
1. There is No Sign-Up Bonus
This card does not come with any sign-up bonus. This means that you do not get any extra rewards or discounts at the start for using this credit card.
2. No Extraordinary Rewards
Where other credit cards provide more rewards on some specific purchases like fuel or groceries, the Bes Egg card provides only 1% cash back on all your purchases. And there are no extraordinary rewards for specific purchases.
How to Apply for the Best Egg Credit Card?
In order to apply for this card, you will have to follow the procedure given below.
1. Go to the Official Website
First of all, you will need to go to the official website of the Best Egg credit card. At the top right corner, you will find a tab saying “Apply Now”. Click on this tab and you will be directed to the main page of the credit card, there you can select the credit card that you want.
2. Apply for Pre-Qualification
Before actually sending the loan application, apply for pre-qualification. For this, the best egg will conduct a soft inquiry of your credit and will let you know what credit limit you would get. If you are satisfied with the offered credit limit and other terms, then you send the final application. This is a good way to avoid unnecessary credit pull.
3. Send Final Credit Card Application
After pre-qualification, if you like the offered deal then you can send the final loan application. For this, you will again need to go to the official website of Best Egg credit card and then click on “Apply Now”. After this, you will reach the credit card application form. Fill out that form and attach all the required documents and submit it. If your loan application is approved, you will get to know about this within a week.
4. Receive Your Credit Card
If your loan application is approved, then you can ask Best Egg you send you the credit card. Once you finalize that you want their credit card, they will send you the credit card within 7 to 10 days. After receiving the credit card, first, you will need to activate the credit card. After activating the credit card, you will get to use it.
Best Egg Credit Card Bill Payment
There are mainly two ways for the Best Egg Credit Card payment.
For the online method, first of all, you will need to go to the official website of Best Egg and make your Best Egg Credit Card login using your username and password. Once you login into your account, you will find an option for “bill payment”. Click on that tab you will find your payable amount. After this, you just need to pay the bill using your other credit card or debit card.
2. Through Mobile Application
As we told you earlier, the Best Egg mobile application allows you to pay your credit card bill. For this, you will have to login into the app. After this, you will have to go to the bill payment option. Once you tap on it, you will find the bill amount. You can simply pay it using any payment application like Google Pay or Apple Pay. You can also use your credit card or debit card for the bill payment.
Alternative Credit Cards
For some reason, if you think that the Best Egg card is not a good option for you or you just want to have a look at other cards as well then you can consider any of the cards given below.
1. Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card
Hands down, Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card is one of the best credit cards for bad credit. To get this credit card, you need to have a credit score of 300 or above and you will easily qualify for this credit card. But it is a secured credit card, so you will have to deposit a security amount of $49.00 to $200.00, depending upon your credit score. This card is accepted by a wide number of merchants.
- Annual Fee: $0.00
- Preferred Credit Score: 580 to 739
- Purchase APR: 28.49% (Variable)
- Minimum Security Deposit: $200
2. OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card
Do you know what is the best thing about OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card? You do not need any specific credit score to get this credit card. Even if you are someone with a bad credit score or no credit history at all, you can easily get this credit card. In order to get this card, you will have to pay a security deposit as per your credit score.
- Annual Fee: $35
- Required Credit Score: No credit history is needed
- Purchase APR: 21.14% (Variable)
3. Discover It Secured Credit Card
If you even have the bare minimum knowledge of credit cards, you must have heard about Discover It Secured Credit Card. You will need a poor to average credit score for this credit card. The best part is, this card comes with tons of cashback and rewards. You get 2% cash back on fuel and 1% cash back on other eligible purchases.
- Annual Fee: $0.00
- Required Credit Score: 580 to 739
- Purchase APR: 15.99% to 24.99% (Variable)
- 0% APR Period: 6 Months
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What credit score is needed for a Best Egg credit card?
To get this credit card, you will need a credit score of 600 to 850. Moreover, this card is specially made for people with average to good credit scores to help them build their credit scores.
Q2. Is it hard to get a Best Egg credit card?
No. It is not at all hard to get the Best Egg Visa Credit Card. The application and approval process is very easy and fast. But in order to get this credit card you will need a credit score of 600 to 850.
Q3. What bank issues Best Egg credit cards?
This credit card is issued by First Bank and Trust of South Dakota.
Q4. How to remove my mailing address from my Best Egg Credit Card?
There are 2 ways to remove your mailing address. First, you can call on their customer card number and ask them to remove your mailing address. Second, you can do it by yourself by going to the official website and logging in to your account as well as logging in to the app using your username and password and editing your personal information.
Is Best Egg a Good Credit Card for You?
Now that you have all the information, this is the time to decide, whether you should get the Best Egg Credit Card or not. If you are looking for a low-maintenance card with no annual fees, just to build your credit score, then you should definitely go with this card. But if your priority is rewards and cash back, and you simply need a credit card to save your money or you are looking for a no-interest credit card then this is not a good option for you.
- William Smith is a highly respected and well-known figure in the consumer credit industry. With over two decades of experience and expertise, he is one of the most sought-after authors on credit card offers, services, and more. He has written extensively on traditional & alternative forms of credit and is a frequent contributor to Forbes Magazine, where he shares his wealth of knowledge with readers on topics such as personal finance. William can be seen regularly on major media outlets where he offers insight into the world of credit cards. He also strives to keep readers updated on the latest trends while offering sound advice on how to manage their accounts responsibly.
- Blog2023.04.27Navigating the Tech Industry’s Dynamic Landscape: Insights from Amazon’s Recent Layoffs
- Credit Card Reviews2023.02.09Famous Footwear Credit Card Review 2023: Get Benefits on Footwear Purchase
- Credit Card Reviews2023.02.04Ultimate Sephora Credit Cards Review 2023– Essential Information by Expert
- Credit Card Reviews2023.02.02Ultimate Kay Jewelers Credit Card Review in 2023: Finance Your Jewels Easily