Debit cards and credit cards have made our lives so easy. Now we do not need to worry about carrying cash everywhere. We can just make the payments by swiping our cards. The best part is, you can also withdraw cash using these cards. Overall, cards have become a necessity these days.
When it comes to cards and card services, Chime is getting very famous these days. They offer both debit cards as well as credit cards. In order to use a Chime card, you will first need to get the card and activate it.
In this article, we are going to tell you how you can activate Chime card. We will be covering all the Chime card activation ways along with the resolutions to the issues that you might face while activating your Chime card. So are you ready? Let’s dive into it.
How to Activate Chime Card?
Chime is a very trustworthy and honest online banking service. According to the Chime Revenue and Usage Statistics, in 2021, Chime was valued at $25 billion. They also offer debit cards and credit cards. To use a Chime card, first of all, you’ll need to go to the official website of Chime and apply for the card. If your card application is approved, you will receive the card within 3 to 10 days depending on if you have selected express shipping or not.
After receiving the card, you’ll need to activate it, then only you would be able to use the card. Majorly, there are 3 ways to activate Chime card.
- Card activation by mobile application
- Card activation by phone call
- Card activation through the official website
Activate Chime Card with Mobile Application
In order to activate Chime card through the mobile application, you will basically need 3 things:
- Chime Visa Debit Card
- Chime mobile application
- Strong internet connection
If you have all 3, then you can follow the steps given below to activate Chime card.
- If you do not already have the Chime mobile application, then go to Play Store or Apple Store and download the Chime mobile app.
- Now that you have the Chime application on the phone, log in to your Chime account using your username and password.
- At the top, you would see a “Card Status” option, tap on it.
- Now select the “Activate” option and you are ready to use your debit card.
Chime Card Activation Through Website
If you do not want to use the mobile application then you can also activate Chime card simply by going to Chime’s official website.
- First of all, you’ll need to go to the official website of Chime.
- Now log in to your account using your password and username.
- Go to the “Settings” option and then to the “Chime Card” option.
- Here hit the “Activate” option.
- Now you’ll need to enter the 4 last digits of your card along with your ZIP code and then hit the “Submit” option.
- Enter the code that has been sent to you for verification and then select the “Verify” option.
- After this, you just need to follow the on-screen instructions to finish the chime activate card process.
Activate Chime Card by Phone Call
Do you know that Chime also allows you to activate your card through a phone call? Yes, you heard it right. You can follow the step-by-step process mentioned below to activate Chime card through a phone call.
- Call on Chime customer care at 1-844-244-6363, and the customer support person will guide you through it.
- Log into your chime account and then follow the on-screen notifications and then go to activate my chime card.
- After this, you will receive a verification passcode on the number that you have registered with Chime. Enter the verification number.
- Provide your card number along with the ZIP code.
- Just follow the instructions that pop up on your screen and you will be able to activate Chime card.
How Do I Activate My Chime Card without the App?
Do you want to know how to activate my Chime card without the Chime app? Well, it is possible to activate Chime card online without the application. You can do it either through chime.com activate card by going to their official website or by calling on their customer support number.
Additionally, Chime has also started offering live chat support. So now you can activate your card with Chime live chat support as well. The best part is, this service is available 24 x 7, plus they are very quick.
Issues You Might Face While Activating Chime Card
Some users have reported that they face problems while activating their Chime Visa Debit Card, so the following are some of the common issues along with their solutions.
1. Verification Code Problem
While activating your Chime card by phone call, you’ll need to provide a verification code that you will receive on your registered mobile number. If you are not receiving any code or Chime is not accepting the code then you can ask the Chime customer support team to assist you with the issue.
2. Connection Error or Internet Issue
You might face a connection error if your internet is not good. To work through this, you’ll need to connect to a better WIFI or data. Having a better internet connection will allow you to have a bump-less chime mobile app activate card.
3. Card Already Activated Issue
You might face the card already activated issue if you have already gone for the Chime app activate card. In case you are not sure if you have already activated your Chime visa debit card or not, you can connect to the chime customer support team.
4. Invalid Card Number Problem
Invalid card number issue generally arises if you are not entering the correct card number. Whenever you face this issue, make sure that you recheck your chime visa debit card and the card number that you are entering on the chime mobile app or chime official website. If you are providing the correct card number but still facing this issue then you’ll need to contact the customer support team of Chime.
How to Get a Replacement Card?
In case you lose your Chime Visa debit card, you can actually apply for a card replacement. There are 3 types of card replacement that you can get:
- Temporary Chime Visa Debit Card
- New Chime Visa Debit Card
- Upgraded Secured Credit Card
How to Get a Temporary Visa Debit Card?
If you have lost your old debit card or someone has stolen your card and you need a temporary debit card immediately then you can follow the steps given below to get a new card.
- First of all, log in to your Chime account through the Chime mobile application or by going to their official website.
- Now tap the “Settings” option.
- Go to “Card Management” and select “Replace Card”.
With just this simple process, you will receive a temporary card from Chime until you get the actual one.
How to Get a New Chime Visa Debit Card?
In order to get a new Chime Visa Debit Card, you can follow the step-by-step procedure given below.
- Log in to your Chime account.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Select “Card Management” and then tap on “Replace Card”.
- After this, click on the new card option.
Within 7 to 10 days, you will receive a new Chime Visa Debit Card. If you want to get the card faster, you can also select the express delivery option. With this card, you can withdraw up to $500 daily because it comes with a $500 per day Chime withdrawal limit. For money withdrawal, you just need to load your Chime Card on the ATM machine and enter the required amount and your passcode.
How to Upgrade Your Old Debit Card to Secured Credit Card?
If you want to upgrade your Chime Visa Debit Card to Chime Secured Credit Card then you can follow the procedure mentioned below:
- In order, you upgrade your card, log in to your Chime account.
- Now go to “Settings” and then select the “Card Management” option.
- After this, click on “Replace Card” and then “Upgrade Card”.
If you match the qualification criteria for a secured credit card, Chime will accept your card upgrade request and after submitting the security deposit, you will receive your credit card.
Should I Get a Chime Card? (Features & Benefits)
Chime has become a very famous online banking service that offers a Visa debit card to its users. As per the Chime Revenue and Usage Statistics, around 8 million people use Chime as their primary bank, whereas, in total, more than 12 million people use Chime banking services. Here are some highlights of the Chime Visa debit card:
- No fees: Chime does not charge any monthly fees, minimum balance fees, overdraft fees, or foreign transaction fees.
- Early direct deposit: Chime offers early direct deposit for paychecks, government benefits, and other payments, giving users access to their money up to two days early.
- Real-time alerts: Users receive real-time notifications for every transaction made with their Chime Visa debit card on their mobile devices.
- ATM network: For Chime users, there are more than 38,000 no fees ATMs via the Visa Plus Alliance & MoneyPass networks.
- Automatic savings: Chime’s automatic savings program rounds up every transaction made with the Chime Visa debit card and deposits the difference into a savings account.
- Instant card lock: If a Chime Visa debit card is lost or stolen, users can instantly lock it from the Chime mobile app.
- Mobile payments: Users can make mobile payments with their Chime Visa debit card using Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay. Moreover, there are various payday loans that accept Chime. Along with this, you can also send money from Chime to Cash App.
- Cashback rewards: Chime offers cashback rewards on purchases made with the Chime Visa debit card at participating merchants.
Overall, the Chime Visa debit card provides users with a fee-free banking experience, early access to funds, real-time alerts, convenient access to ATMs, automatic savings, and cashback rewards. Also, Chime works with Zelle as well.
Why Do I Need to Activate My Card?
To use your Chime Visa Debit Card, you will need to activate Chime card. Otherwise, you would not be able to use it. The main purpose of this activation process is to prevent the misuse of your card. Because if there was no activation procedure, anybody could use your debit card. But with the activation process, you have full authority over your card and it will only start working after you activate it with the help of your Chime account and the verification code that you receive on your registered mobile number.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I know if my Chime card is active?
You can try using your card. If the card works, this means that it is active. You can also contact the Chime customer support team to know whether the Chime card is active or not.
Q2. Can I activate my Chime card without the app?
If you do not want to use the mobile application then there are 3 other ways to activate Chime card.
- Quick Card activation through phone calls.
- Easy Card activation through live chat support.
- Self Card activation through the official website.
Q3. When should I activate my Chime card?
You can activate Chime card both before receiving the card as well as after receiving the Chime debit card.
- David Garcia is a nationally-recognized consumer and money-saving expert who helps people make smart decisions with their money. He has been featured on NBC’s Today Show, Good Morning America, ABC News, and CNBC as well as in The New York Times & other media outlets. With more than 13 years of experience in the personal finance space, David is an experienced writer and researcher. He has written for major publications where he provides readers with actionable advice to save money on groceries, insurance, and more. With his work for various publications, David is an active contributor to the Credit Card Insider blog where he shares insights into credit cards such as rewards programs and interest rates.